The employer is no longer accepting applications for this job advert.
20 Lower Kilmacud Road, Stillorgan, Dublin
SAFETY & HEALTH ENGINEER/SAFETY PROFESSIONAL – DUBLIN
Recruitment Plus is now recruiting for a Safety & Health Engineer position.
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy who has been realising client’s concepts for over 80 years. They support and empower their diverse staff with a culture of knowledge sharing while working to their shared goals in a vibrant atmosphere. Join a growing team of successful and ambitious people who are dedicated to the Company Way and making it happen.
They wish to appoint a Safety and Health Engineer / Safety Professional based in their Dublin office to work on a wide selection of projects around the country on which we act as Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP). The role may also include working on projects where we have been appointed as health and safety coordinator by the PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage).
Description and Details:
The successful candidate will be a motivated professional who will ensure the companies roles on project are discharged and develop a positive and active safety culture on their projects. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of Safety and Health Legislation and extensive experience on a range of complex projects.
The main duties will consist of:
· Ensuring discharge of the role of PSDP on construction projects
· Attending client/design and site meetings
· Preparing preliminary safety and health plans
· Compiling and preparing safety files
· Preparing health and safety reports
· Carrying out site visits
· Coordination and liaison with all parties involved in a construction project
· Reviewing the competence of duty holders
· Inspections and reports on legal cases concerning health and safety
· Working with contractors PSCS to discharge the role of PSCS on construction projects
· Education Requirement: Degree in Engineering or a related design discipline with recognized Safety and Health training (ideally post graduate Diploma level, but not essential)
· Experience Required: 4 years
· Desirable: Chartered Member of Engineers Ireland, IOSH or similar
· Desirable: Occupational health and safety qualification and/or experience
· Desirable: PSCS training and experience
An attractive package will be offered commensurate with experience.
· Flexibility of working hours
· Positive working environment
· Variety of projects
· Social Committee events
· Annual Leave increases with years of service
· Engineers Ireland CPD Company – All staff guaranteed minimum 5 days training per annum
· Sports Social Club
· Corporate Rate Gym Membership
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Travel Saver Scheme
· Pension Scheme, Death in Service Scheme
· Group Health Cover Scheme
· Paid Professional Memberships
If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact Olive on 01-2788610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org