The employer is no longer accepting applications for this job advert.
Tower St, Cork
Lane Driveways Ltd is a paving company based in Cork with over 15 years experience. The company currently employs approx. 22 workers consisting of pavers and labourers.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant/Office Administrator to work full time starting in January. There may be an option to start sooner.
The ideal applicant will be highly numerate and will have a logical and methodical approach to their work. They will possess strong Excel skills and have experience of using Surf accounting package or a similar accounting software package. They must be self-motivated and capable of working independently.
The main areas of responsibility are as follows but are not limited to
1. Accounts Receivable tasks to include:
a. Posting invoices, recording & entering cash/cheque/credit card transactions.
b. Highlighting any overdue invoices to the Directors
c. Assisting with Debtors queries as they arise.
d. Compiling and processing lodgements.
2. Accounts Payable tasks to include:
a. Coding and processing of purchase invoices.
b. Reconciliation and payment of the purchases on a timely basis.
c. Responding to creditor queries in relation to invoices and balances
3. Preparing Weekly / Monthly Bank Reconciliations
4. Deal with petty cash as and when required and ensure reconciliations are done at the end of each month
5. Health and Safety statement preparation and record keeping (Training will be provided on this)
6. Company Vehicles tax and D.O.E record keeping. Diesel Usage monitoring
7. Employee record keeping. Example Safe Pass and Manual Handling
8. Ensure that all filing is done accurately and on a regular basis
9. Assist in Year End Accounts
10. Assisting with other administration tasks as arises.
Qualifications, experience and personal qualities required:
· At least 3 years’ experience of working in an accounting role with experience in AR/AP/ bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
· General Knowledge of Finance Office tasks.
· General knowledge of sales and purchases ledger.
· Proficiency in all MS Office packages especially with MS Excel.
· Efficiency in record keeping.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Self-driven, well organised, ability to work independently with initiative.
· Excellent spoken and written English.
· Keen eye for detail and the ability to review own work to ensure no errors.
· Ability to prioritise work and juggle tasks as required by the Directors
If you are interested in this role, please email your C.V with a short cover letter to email@example.com