Shelbourne FC is currently undergoing a transformation through the implementation of a strategic plan to take performances to a new level both on and off the field.
Great progress has been made over the number of years both on and off the field in what is an incredibly exciting period in the history of the club.
We are now looking for a Commercial Executive to help us implement our ambitious growth plans through new and innovative ways of marketing and generating the next phase of revenue growth.
The right candidate will be someone who is truly passionate about sports marketing, sponsorships, e-commerce and ticket sales. The candidate will need to be inventive, push boundaries and have a forward-thinking mindset in how they view the challenges of this role. You will be commercially astute with the ability to recognise
opportunities and move quickly to take advantage. You will be a quick thinker and someone who displays real ambition to make an impact on our changing business.
Job functions / responsibilities:
- To lead the delivery of specific revenue product lines campaigns, including but not limited to – ticketing, retail, local & national sponsorships and partnerships, government grants and equipment providers.
- To lead in the delivery of new commercial strategies and new commercial partnerships for each of the various sections within the club (men’s, women’s, and academy teams).
- To develop the size and quality of Shelbourne's databases and implement good CRM practices.
- To assist with the implementation of e-commerce and e-marketing policies.
- To ensure high quality execution and consistency with our sponsors, licensees and retailers.
- To act as a day-to-day liaison with our ticketing provider and provide operational support to the ticketing function - including attending ticket sales events.
- To support the implementation of new commercial activities and to assist in the sales of new Shelbourne FC products and services and annuity revenue streams.
- To assist the CEO in providing marketing and rights delivery support to club sponsors to ensure they receive the highest return possible on their investment.
- To develop the Shelbourne match day experience so that it is compelling, engaging and adds value to our fans, and optimizes all match-day related income streams.
- Support delivery of Shelbourne Community Outreach programmes by securing funding/sponsorship for various community initiatives and projects.
- Any other duties as nominated by the CEO or club board during the term.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business, or Sports Management fields
- 2 - 5 years relevant experience
Desirable Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- A keen interest in the area of sports marketing and professional sports teams
- League of Ireland knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Solution orientated with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and take on more responsibility as the business evolves
- Resilient with a can-do attitude and strong initiative
- Must be able to work match events during season
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the next phase in Shelbourne's development and will have an excellent opportunity to build significant experience and contacts in the sports industry within a fast developing sports brand.
The salary range for the position will be €25,000 - €30,000, with a highly competitive commission structure also in place.
To apply – please forward your CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons you should be appointed to the post to firstname.lastname@example.org