Night Nursing Officer
Job Title: Night Nursing Officer
Our client registered by the Mental Health Commission (MHC) and Nursing Home Services including the Alzheimer Care registered by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA).
This is a full-time permanent post working 7-night duty shifts per fortnight
The post holder is accountable to the Director of Nursing
The Night Nursing Officer is responsible for the delivery of nursing care across all units on night duty. Responsibility includes the efficient management of resources, the assignment of work, monitoring the quality of staffs’ performance and collaborating with the practice development team in developing policies and guidelines.
The post is a relief post and subject to a probationary period of six months.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· As directed by Director of Nursing standard duties and responsibilities include:
· Manage professional and clinical standards using an evidence based, care planning approach.
· Provide supportive supervision and professional development of staff.
· Collaborate with multi-disciplinary staff as needed and support service development through appropriate continuous education.
· Manage resources efficiently and effectively to ensure the continuous quality improvement in service.
· Facilitate team building and motivation.
· Manage defined devolved personnel functions, with particular emphasis on maximizing recruitment and retention of nursing and nursing support staff.
· Formulate, manage and implement best practice policies and procedures.
· Manage and promote community and inter/intra-hospital service liaison.
· Contribute to the strategic management and planning process.
· Assist in the co-ordination of patient activities across clinical areas.
· Actively strive to develop multi-disciplinary communication, collaboration and teamwork.
· Assist in monitoring the implementation of service plans.
· Apply the principle of delegation in all instances to the maximum level compatible with safety and service delivery.
· Ensure audit systems are in place to facilitate the constant evaluation of service and client care.
· Monitor and investigate all complaints, clinical incidents or near misses and report findings to the Director of Nursing.
· Encourage and facilitate staff innovation in nursing practice.
· Ensure that policies, procedures and standards are developed and revised.
· Assist in the development and evaluation of quality initiatives and clinical audits to ensure that the best quality of services and practices are provided within available resources.
· Provide clinical care at unit level should the need arise
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of nursing resources, advising on skill mix and staff allocation according to patients needs across .
· Co-operate with the Director of Nursing (DON) and HR in the recruitment and retention of staff.
· Assist in forecasting trends regarding skill mix and turnover rate.
· Assist in implementing annual staff development and performance review.
· Manage staff sickness and absenteeism in accordance with .
· Group guidelines.
· Promote effective inter-professional team work.
· Participate in audits, supervision and appraisals of staff as requested by the DON.
EDUCATION AND SELF DEVELOPMENT:
· Ensure that staff receive induction/orientation and are provided with the opportunities to attend in-service training and other appropriate educational programmes and seminars.
· Facilitate learning from nursing practice through reflection and critical incident analysis.
· Participate in staff in-service training programmes.
· Be familiar with the latest developments in health care and nursing practice.
· Attend and participate in conferences, seminars and other research/educational activities regionally.
· Must be registered on the General and/or Psychiatric Division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
· Must have a minimum of 1 years post registration experience at Management Level and a good knowledge of Psychiatry.
· Completion of a Management course or other relevant post registration course is desirable.
· Have proven clinical and professional managerial ability, leadership, communication and organizational skills.
· Have the ability to efficiently and effectively manage human resources.
· The post holder will be appraised during the first 6 months of employment and annually thereafter.
· In the course of employment, the post holder will have access to medical or personal information about patients/staff members. Such records are confidential, and under no circumstances should such information be disclosed, unless requested by an authorised officer. In addition, records should be kept in safe custody, to prevent unauthorised access.
· The post holder will be required to demonstrate professionalism at all times through their work, conduct, appearance and in compliance with the all policies and procedures.
· The post holder will satisfy the occupational health requirements of the post and thereafter demonstrate their capability through satisfactory attendance. Each post holder must be of good character and satisfy the Garda Clearance requirements. The post holder is also has a duty of care to be responsible for job specific safety and to comply with all health and safety requirements within
· A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
· Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
For full details please contact Bernice on 01-2788610 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Heads Are Always Better Than One! - Introduce a friend to Recruitment Plus and claim your reward! We are always eager to meet new talent and assist them in their job search. Refer a friend and let us assist them in their next career move - and claim your reward for the introduction!
Recruitment Plus is an award winning agency - so you (and your friend) are assured of a quality service.
Tel 00353 1 2788610. Terms Apply.
166 days ago