Part time (19 hours per week), 1 year fixed term contract
Overall Purpose of Job
You will be responsible for assisting with all restaurant and kitchen duties in the preparation and serving of meals.
For the successful implementation of this position close liaison is required with other Kitchen Staff, Service Users, Clontarf Campus staff and visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and setting up tables in dining room
- Checking in orders
- Preparing salads and salad bar for lunch on a daily basis
- Serving & preparing meals and taking food orders from customers
- Working at the till
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
- Setting up wash area & dishwashers.
- Working on wash-up area on a daily basis
- Following all HACCP procedures
- Daily records of HACCP
- Operate daily cleaning procedures, to ensure health and hygiene standards are maintained
- To respond to requests from guests for information and assistance in a helpful and courteous manner; to assist guests in any possible way.
- To carry out any other related duties as required
Training, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous restaurant/ kitchen experience is highly desirable for this role
- Previous experience of working with people with disabilities is desirable
- Knowledge of HACCP procedures is desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent English speaker
- The ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Person centred approach
- Strong customer service focus
- Be of good character
- Flexible approach to work
- High level of confidentiality
- Adaptability, drive & resilience
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary on offer is €9.55 per hour
- Excellent working conditions
- Training & development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.